Welcome to my blog!
Today i’ll be reviewing My Envy Box jauary 2017 edition. Since this is my first blog please excuse me for any goof ups. 😛
So MEB retails for Rs. 850 a month, however i bought a 3 month subscription in October 2016, where under a promotional campaign i got 1 month beauty box for free. Total 4 months of subscription i got for Rs. 2350.
Ok, lets start with the review.
First things first, i loveee the MEB for there boxes. Every month they come up with new quirky themes. These boxes are in itself quiet sturdy and you can keep them for future use, plus they are total eye candy, so who throw them out anyway!?
This month’s box contain 5 full size products
Very first products i got my hands on this month was
1. Essence XXXL shine lip gloss- The shade is “Just me and my lipgloss”. This has a gely sticky texture. Personally i am not very fond of too sticky glosses because they make me feel uncomfortable everytime i open my mouth to even speak. Otherwise, shade is very pretty. It is sheer in finish.
Made in Germany. 5 ml. MRP: Rs. 229/-
2. Essence Plump No Clump Deep black volume mascara- I was really looking forward to this mascara with high hopes. It does make your lashes look voluminous but it isnt waterproof (since it isnt mentioned anywhere) and it kind of looks clumpy if you try to apply second coat. All in all it was below satisfactory but does serves the purpose.
Made in Italy. 12 ml. MRP: Rs. 349
3. Hedonista Hair Perfume- This one is all natural product came in trial size. Main infredients of this perfume are Geranium, Lemon and Sage. It has a very citrusy fragrance. You’ll feel thats alot at first spray but it does fade away a little smelling nice on your hair. Plus you can use it as many times as you want on your hair during the day.
Made in India. 50 ml. Not for retail
4. Cheryl’s O2C2 Radiance Lotion- This is the most expensive product in this month’s box and most disappointing one too. This lotion is NOT suitable for sensitive and acne prone skin which means only limited number of women can use it. This was a huge disapointment for me because i really wanted to try this one. Now i am not sure if i could even try this once on my skin because it is both sensitive and acne prone.
50 gm. MRP: Rs. 1050
5. Bombay Perfumery Fragrance Kit- I was really excited to open this fragrance kit. There are 5 fragrance vials. And i loved each of them. 3 of them are good for women only and 2 are unisex. Packaging is travel friendly, you can carry them around in your purse or on a holiday. All of these fragrances created a nostalgia. They are so earthy yet contemprory. It does gives you a Indianish fragrance.
Seven Islands (for women)
Madurai Talkies (for women)
Moire (for women)
Chai Musk (unisex)
Full size 5 vials. MRP: Rs. 500
Along with these products they also sent two discount vouchers from Essence and Bombay perfumery. And there is a My Envy Box giveaway going on where you get a chance to win February Beauty Box.
All in all i loved this month’s beauty box except one product for which i willdefinitely write to MEB. Stay tuned with me to know what solution they provide.
Please leave your comments below as feedback. Would love to know your take on beauty.
Till then much love!!